Thursday, December 23, 2010

The ceaseless appeal of 2010 music

On the music blog I keep for the newspaper that employs me, I provided a mix of my favorite songs (from my favorite albums) of 2010 (10 of which you can read about at Radio Free Chicago, where I also write about music). But after making the list and looking at everything that was left off, it occurred to me that I should probably make a second mix to include a lot of what came close to ending up on the first list.

So listen ahead to this mix of the 22 that deserve a mention, despite not making the top 21. In all honesty, I started out with enough for two secondary mixes, but decided I have to draw the line somewhere, and I'm pleased with the result, which includes some rock, pop, R&B, folk and even a kickass cover ("Enjoy the Silence" by Nada Surf), so there's pretty much something for everybody.



1. "Garbage Truck" by Sex Bob-Omb
2. "Wrong Things" by Noun
3. "TiK ToK" by Ke$ha
4. "We Will Always Be" by Hurrah! A Bolt of Light!
5. "Enjoy the Silence" by Nada Surf
6. "We Need New Transportation" by Winter Gloves
7. "F*** You" by Cee Lo Green
8. "Neckbrace" by Ratatat
9. "Run From the Gun" by Dead Confederate
10. "Demon" by Jaill
11. "No Regrets" by Lovers
12. "Only Girl (In the World)" by Rihanna
13. "Pickin' Up the Pieces" by Fitz and the Tantrums
14. "Holiday" by Fran Healy
15. "Betrayed by Bones" by Hellogoodbye
16. "Money in the Bank" by Dawn Landes
17. "They're In Love, Where Am I?" by the Weepies
18. "Marianne, You've Done It Now" by Vandaveer
19. "Fairytale Lullaby" by Bombay Bicycle Club
20. "Maps of War" by Branches
21. "Millionaire" by Audra Mae
22. "The One I Love Is Gone" by Katie Melua

No comments:

Post a Comment